Does your club, organization or association need a hosted website designed and developed with it’s very own forums for discussion? With CompuGeaux, we can get your organization or club on the web in no time with the CompuGeaux Community Building Package. Build your group into a Community with a blogging website and forums, plus optional add-ons to complete your Community website!
The Community Building Package from CompuGeaux comes with a WordPress web site designed and hosted by CompuGeaux. We use WordPress because it is the most popular Content Management System (CMS), used by approximately 75 million websites. Organizations, companies and even individuals use WordPress due to its ease of use and its powerful, flexible and simple interface. With its responsive design and easy blogging platform, WordPress holds the largest CMS market share by far, and currently accounts for over a quarter of all websites.
Internet Forums are online discussion sites where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible. It is hierarchical or tree-like in structure: a forum can contain a number of sub-forums, each of which may have several topics. Within a forum’s topic, each new discussion started is called a thread, and can be replied to by as many people as so wish. Depending on the forum’s settings, users can have to register with the forum and then subsequently log in in order to post messages.
In addition to the WordPress website and blogging platform, the CompuGeaux Community Building Package comes with the installations of a forum. In these online discussion boards, members of your club, organization, or association can ask questions, share their experiences, and discuss topics of mutual interest. They are an excellent way to create social connections and a sense of community. Use the Forums application to start discussions about a specific topic or to debate solutions to shared problems. By participating in a forum, you can exchange ideas and use the expertise of people in your organization.
Best of all, CompuGeaux offers you a selection of six different forum applications (in case you have a preference in what forums application you prefer to use). They include:
- Simple Machines – This is the default forum application installed into the CompuGeaux Community Building Package. It is professional grade software package that allows you to set up your own online community. Its powerful custom made template engine puts you in full control of the lay-out of your message board and it provides you with all the features you need from a bulletin board while having an absolute minimal impact on the resources of the server. It is the preferred forum application program of CompuGeaux because of its ease of use, awesome customization and features.
- phpBB – Millions of people use phpBB on a daily basis, making it the most widely used open source bulletin board system in the world. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built-in. Newer users will appreciate phpBB’s extensive administration panel, which allows the customization of even the most intricate features without having to edit code directly while advanced users will value the ease with which phpBB can be integrated into existing systems. phpBB also have a working demo for prospective user to try their software.
- FluxBB – FluxBB is a popular lightweight forum application, powering forums for Arch Linux and μTorrent. It is a fast, light, user-friendly forum software for your website. FluxBB was conceived and designed to be fast and light with less of the “not so essential” features that some of the other forums have whilst not sacrificing essential functionality or usability. It is designed as a lighter, faster alternative to some of the traditional feature heavy forum applications. It is easy to use and has a proven track record of stability and security making it an ideal choice of forum for your website.
- Vanilla Forums – Initially released in 2006, Vanilla Forums powers discussion on over 500,000 sites. Vanilla has reinvented forums and offers a modern user experience that your customers have come to expect. In addition to standard discussions, Vanilla allows users to post questions and polls. Like most of Vanilla’s features, these discussion types can be turned on or off in the Admin Dashboard. Members can format posts with html, markdown, or bbcode. Images can be dragged and dropped and videos are automatically embedded. Check out their introduction video.
- myBB – MyBB powers hundreds of thousands of engaging, powerful, and unique communities across the internet. Extremely easy to use, much thought has gone into MyBB’s interface to make it simple, intuitive, and an absolute joy to use. It offers powerful moderation and administration features to keep your forum in tip-top shape, just the way you like it. With an extensive range of plugins and a built-in theme and template editor, adding new features or an entirely new coat of paint is simple. MyBB features everything you need to run an efficient and captivating community.
- XMB Forum – XMB stands for Extreme Message Board, and it is powerful forum software, quite complete, with themes, modifications, and support of a good community. It provides all the basic tools you need to get started. You can edit administration settings, templates, add/remove topics, and member settings. There are other tools available, but for the most part, nothing too complex, just your forum basics. Great for beginners. Check out the demo at Softaculous.
In addition to the base package, CompuGeaux offers numerous add-ons to make your CompuGeaux Community Building Package more complete. These include software options such as Contacts Relationship Management (CRM) platforms that can be used as a way to keep all your members information. The key features of a CRM system typically include contact management functionality, dashboard-style presentation of information, and reports that analyse member activity, along with communication tools such as integrated email and internal instant messaging.
Additional optional add-ons include “Craigslist-style” classified advertisement applications in order to offer your association’s members a place to buy, sell and trade items like the demo page you can see here. Ask for a complete list of optional add-ons to complete your new community website and forums. We are sure we can put together a customized CompuGeaux Community Building Package that fit all of the needs of your club, organization or association.
So Contact CompuGeaux Now and speak to a Community Building Specialist today and get the ball rolling on turning your club, organization or association into a community today! Use the contact form below and be sure to ask for the CompuGeaux Community Building Package!